Wednesday, June 9

Reading For The Summer: Twilight, 1

wow, it's been too long since my last entry. i;ve been trying new things, going to new place, and hanging with a whole new set of people. too much to go into detail right now, but i promise to do so in the near future.

right now, i just want to focus on my personal challenge of reading 10 books starting June 1st until September 1st. i (finally) chose my first book and i have to say, it shocked a lot of people that i was reading it. i shocked myself to find that i don't completely hate it. i'm not in love with the book, but i can't say that i'll put it down and not finish. i'm reading Twilight *cringe*. i saw the movie with a friend (a big twilight fan, but she read the book before the movie came out) and hated it. i hated the lazy special effects. i hated most of the actors and the stupid looks they gave each other. i hated how much middle aged mothers would go crazy for the saga. i hate that people call it a saga!!! but most of all, i hate how the vampires glitter and shine in sunlight. i understand taking the basic idea of vampires and twisting it into something your own, like not going to way of Dracula; having them sleep in coffins, turning into bats, no mirror reflection, and turning into duct in sunlight. but this is just absurd. and i have a good feeling that when i reach that part in the book, i just might throw it across the room. just for the sake of it.

and i just might swallow my guilt, pick up the book, and continue reading. because, as much as wouldn't like to admit it, the book is surprisingly good. Stephine Meyer has this eerie way of speaking to me in a tone that i often to speak to myself in and describing things that i have always felt but never thought to express or understand in words. that alone, is very unsettling and addictive. since i already know what generally happens along the plot line of the book, all i really focus on is looking up and understanding any words that come up that are new to me and enjoying Bella's conversations with herself. the way she thinks and sees the world is so honest and simple, yet heartbreaking and depressing. the way she criticizes her own thoughts and feelings is exactly how most (if not all) humans beat themselves up over the simplest of things. we may act differently, but the thought process is all the same.

anyways, i guess that's it for now. i'll try to come back once a week to critique, complain, compliment, or condem this and the following books of my reading list. care to look?
The Catcher in the Rye- J. D. Salinger
My Sister's Keeper- Jodi Picoult
The Lovely Bones- Alice Sebold
Go Ask Alice- anonymous
Because I Am Furniture- Thalia Chaltas
Willow- Julia Hoban
Wintergirls- Laurie Halse Anderson
If I Stay- Gayle foreman
Looking For Alaska- john green
After- Amy Efaw
Hold Still- Nina Lacour


two of these books i've already read, but i think it'll be best if i reread them for better understanding. hopefully this can help me in the future with my vocabulary, creativity, and such....i don't know
♥ wish me luck ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what's on your mind